|Overall Rating||Bronze - expired|
|Submission Date||July 27, 2011|
Slippery Rock University
Tier2-1: Historically Underutilized Businesses
|0.25 / 0.25||
director of purchasing
Does the institution seek to support historically underutilized businesses, minority-owned businesses, and women owned-businesses?:
A brief description of how the institution meets the criteria:
The university seeks to do business with underutilized businesses in a number of ways:
1) We attend trade fairs in Pittsburgh, Cranberry and Harrisburg which target these businesses.
2) We are a member of the African American Chamber of Commerce in Pittsburgh
3) We utilize the PA Dept. of General Services website for MWBE business leads.
4) We distribute our invitations for bid thru the African American Chamber.
5) We require MWBE solicitation as part of our Construction Bid Process.
6) Our current Food Service Contractor with which we do over $6 million in business is a Women Owned Business.
The website URL where information about the program, policy, or practice is available: