|Submission Date||Dec. 18, 2015|
Sustainable Operations Coordinator
The institution conducts one or both of the following:
- An assessment to identify endangered and vulnerable species (including migratory species) with habitats on institution-owned or -managed land
- An assessment to identify environmentally sensitive areas on institution-owned or -managed land
The institution has plans or programs in place to protect or positively affect the species, habitats and/or environmentally sensitive areas identified.
Assessments conducted and programs adopted by other entities (e.g. government, university system, NGO) may count for this credit as long as the assessments and programs apply to and are followed by the institution.
This credit applies to all institutions that own or manage land.
This credit is weighted more heavily for institutions that own or manage land that includes or is adjacent to any of the following:
- Legally protected areas (e.g. IUCN Category I-VI)
- Internationally recognized areas (e.g. World Heritage, Ramsar, Natura 2000)
- Priority sites for biodiversity (e.g. Key Biodiversity Areas, Alliance for Zero Extinction sites)
- Regions of conservation importance (e.g. Endemic Bird Areas, Biodiversity Hotspots, High Biodiversity Wilderness Areas)
2 points are available for this credit if the institution owns or manages land that includes or is adjacent to any of the above. 1 point is available for this credit for all other institutions. Please note that users do not have to calculate the number of points available themselves; points available and points earned will be calculated automatically when the data listed under Section E: Reporting Fields is entered in the online Reporting Tool.
An institution earns the available points for conducting an assessment or assessments to identify endangered and vulnerable species and/or environmentally sensitive areas and for having plans or programs in place to protect or positively affect any species, habitats and/or environmentally sensitive areas identified. Partial points are not available for this credit.
Report on current programs and the most recent assessment(s) completed. This credit included assessments completed or updated within the five years prior to the anticipated date of submission.
Sampling and Data Standards
Institutions may identify legally protected areas, internationally recognized areas, priority sites for biodiversity, and regions of conservation importance using the Integrated Biodiversity Assessment Tool (IBAT) for Research & Conservation Planning or an equivalent resource or study.