|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||May 31, 2016|
EN-11: Inter-Campus Collaboration
|2.50 / 3.00||
Sustainable Development Advisor
Sustainable Development Office
Is the institution an active member of a national or international sustainability network?:
The name of the national or international sustainability network(s):
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
Is the institution an active member of a regional, state/provincial or local sustainability network?:
The name of the regional, state/provincial or local sustainability network(s):
The Réseau universitaire québécois en développement durable (RUQDD: Sustainability Network of Québec's Universities, which brings together the sustainability advisors of all major universities of Québec, who meet on a regular basis and exchange advices and information).
Has the institution presented at a sustainability conference during the previous year? :
A list or brief description of the conference(s) and presentation(s):
1. July 15-17, 2015: Annual Congress 2015 of the RIODD (Réseau international de recherche sur les organisations et le développement durable; International Research Network on Organizations and Sustainable Development - http://riodd2015.esg.uqam.ca)
1.1. Presentation by Marie-Luc Arpin (UQAM), Jean-François Desgroseilliers (Polytechnique Montreal) and Lovasoa Ramboarisata (UQAM). Title: "Repenser l'ingénieur par l'enseignement du DD et de la RSE: Quelques leçons tirées des expériences de l'École Polytechnique de Montréal et de l'ESG UQAM".
1.2 Presentation by Marc-André Legault (Polytechnique Montréal). Title: "Intégration du développement durable dans la formation au premier cycle en ingénierie".
2. May 29th, 2015 - 83rd Congress of ACFAS (Association canadienne française pour l'avancement des sciences). Conference 35: "Le rôle des professionnels en développement durable dans les établissements d’enseignement postsecondaire : évolution et aspirations" (http://www.acfas.ca/evenements/congres/programme/83/enjeux-recherche/35/C#285410)
2.1 Presentation by Jean-Marie Chevalier (Polytechnique Montréal). Title: "Le rôle de conseiller en développement durable à Polytechnique Montréal : historique et défis".
Has the institution submitted a case study during the previous year to a sustainability awards program that is inclusive of multiple campuses? :
A list or brief description of the awards program(s) and submission(s):
Has the institution had staff, students or faculty serving on a board or committee of a sustainability network or conference during the previous three years? :
A list or brief description of the board or committee appointment(s):
1. Isabelle Lessard (research associate, Chemical Engineering and scientific coordinator of the CIRODD): Responsible of the Conference "Les enjeux de l’opérationnalisation du développement durable pour la transition socio-écologique : un dialogue transdisciplinaire entre la France et le Québec" during the 84th Congress of ACFAS (Association canadienne française pour l'avancement des sciences) held on May 9, 2016 (http://www.acfas.ca/evenements/congres/programme/84/enjeux-recherche/14/c).
2. Annie Levasseur, Manuele Margni and Sara Russo Garrido of Polytechnique's International Reference Centre for the Life Cycle of Products, Processes and Services (CIRAIG) are members of the scientific committee of CYCLE 2016—the 5th edition of the International Forum on the Life Cycle Management of Products and Services—to be held on October 13–14, 2016 at Polytechnique Montréal (http://www.ciraig.org/en/cycle2016.php).
3. Manuele Margni and Renée Michaud of Polytechnique's International Reference Centre for the Life Cycle of Products, Processes and Services (CIRAIG) were members of the organizing committee of the 7th International Conference on Life Cycle Management, held in Bordeaux 2015, August 30 – September 02, 2015 (http://lcm2015.org)
Does the institution have an ongoing mentoring relationship with another institution through which it assists the institution with its sustainability reporting and/or the development of its sustainability program?:
A brief description of the mentoring relationship and activities:
Has the institution had staff, faculty, or students serving as peer reviewers of another institution’s sustainability data (e.g. GHG emissions or course inventory) and/or STARS submission during the previous three years?:
A brief description of the peer review activities:
Has the institution participated in other collaborative efforts around sustainability during the previous year, e.g. joint planning or resource sharing with other institutions? :
A brief description of other collaborative efforts around sustainability during the previous year:
1. Polytechnique's Institut de l'Énergie Trottier and McGill University's Trottier Institute for Sustainability in Engineering and Design (TISED) collaborate on a regular basis to organize events on sustainability issues, including their annual symposium, that is held alternatively in the two universities. For the 2016 edition, see: http://www.trottiersymposium.org/2016-en/
2. The sustainability advisors of Polytechnique, Université de Montréal and HEC Montréal have been working on a joint "Sustainable Mobility Plan". Consultations in the three universities have been held in parallel and the plan is jointly being prepared for a launch in the Fall 2016.
3. Polytechnique, Université de Montréal and HEC Montréal collaborate on a regular basis on various campus sustainability issues through the EDDEC Institute (Environnement, Sustainable Development and Circular Economy: http://instituteddec.org). For instance, in 2015-2016, the "Education Committee" of the Institute, on which sit faculty members of the three institutions, has begun setting up a system of free exchanges of conferences on sustainable development that will be open to teachers of the three universities to enrich their courses;
4. Environment student committees of Polytechnique, Université de Montréal and HEC Montréal have organized jointly a "Douzaine du développement durable" ("12 days of Sustainable Development") that included a number of events in March 2016: http://www.faecum.qc.ca/activite/developpement-durable/douzaine-du-developpement-durable.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.