|Submission Date||March 4, 2016|
Pittsburg State University
AC-6: Sustainability Literacy Assessment
|3.55 / 4.00||
Continuing and Graduate Studies
The percentage of students assessed for sustainability literacy (directly or by representative sample) and for whom a follow-up assessment is conducted:
The percentage of students assessed for sustainability literacy (directly or by representative sample) without a follow-up assessment:
A copy of the questions included in the sustainability literacy assessment(s):
The questions included in the sustainability literacy assessment(s) :
1. How is most of the electricity in the U.S.A. generated?
2. What is the most common cause of pollution of streams, rivers and oceans?
3. What is the main cause of global warming?
4. What percentage of the world's water is freshwater?
5. What is the leading cause of childhood death worldwide?
6. What is the most common reason for animal extinction?
7. What is the greatest threat posed by waste disposal areas?
8. What is the greatest contributor to landfills?
9. How do chemicals and minerals enter the body?
10. What is the greatest cause to the reduction of fish in the ocean?
A brief description of how the assessment(s) were developed:
Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental education
A brief description of how the assessment(s) were administered:
Assessments were administered to all entering freshmen starting in 2013-2014. The assessment was also administered to transfer students who volunteered to take Transitions Student Orientation Course. The assessment was administered in Canvas. A sample of students will take a post assessment during their senior year. first class in 2016-2017.
A brief summary of results from the assessment(s):
The average score was 41.37%
The website URL where information about the literacy assessment(s) is available: