Overall Rating Bronze
Overall Score 40.97
Liaison Sherri Mason
Submission Date June 30, 2020
Executive Letter Download

STARS v2.1

Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
OP-17: Employee Commute Modal Split

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete 0.03 / 2.00 Valerie Truitt
Administrative Support Assistant
Parking Services
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Total percentage of the institution’s employees that use more sustainable commuting options as their primary method of transportation:

A brief description of the method(s) used to gather data about employee commuting, including the timeframe for when the analysis was conducted and how a representative sample was reached, if applicable:

Data is from AY 2018-2019 (also reported in IC-3 Academics and Demographics). Parking Permit data also from AY 2018-2019 provided by the Parking Office.

The methodology for calculating the percentages reported is as follows:
699 employees with 689 faculty/staff permits issued (98.5%). The remaining faculty (1.5%) were assigned walk/bike category as we have no data carpool/vanpool nor public transportation.

The percentage of the institution's employees that use each of the following modes as their primary means of transportation to and from campus::
Percentage (0-100)
Commute with only the driver in the vehicle (excluding motorcycles and scooters) 98.50
Walk, bicycle, or use other non-motorized means 1.50
Vanpool or carpool 0
Take a campus shuttle or public transportation 0
Use a motorcycle, scooter or moped 0
Telecommute for 50 percent or more of their regular work hours 0

The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:

Additional documentation to support the submission:

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to stars@aashe.org.