|Submission Date||Aug. 31, 2020|
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
PA-14: Wellness Program
|0.75 / 1.00||
Sustainable Developpement Manager
Does the institution have a wellness program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all students?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all academic staff?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all non-academic staff?:
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s):
HEALTH, A PRIORITY AT THE UM6P CAMPUS:
The Mohamed VI Polytechnic University offers for the UM6P community the following services:
*** Insurance: All UM6P students benefit from the coverage of the School Civil Liability Insurance and Assistance.
*** Health center: The campus has an on-site infirmary with a specialized team, for consultation or first aid in case of discomfort or accident. An ambulance is also available if needed.
Medical Check-ups: Monday to Friday [08H00 - 12H00 / 14H00 - 18h00]
Medical assistance: 24H/7D
The UM6P Health center provides the following services :
1. Students Health Center: it has one doctor, lead nurse, and 2 nurses. It provides:
• Periodic, systematic and on-demand medical visits with the creation of a personal medical file.
• Diagnosis, treatment and coordination with the various specialists in order to ensure the monitoring of the state of health of all students of the university.
• Emergency and evacuation management if necessary
• Coordination with insurance companies (medical records, emergencies, medical assistance, medical insurance and care).
2. The occupational health service consists of a Doctor, 2 nurses and 2 paramedics. It provides assistance with all types of emergencies within the um6p and its annexes, The evacuations, health insurance files and reimbursement, consultations and medical monitoring for all um6p staff, service providers, visitors, guests and the annual and periodical recruitment sessions.
3. Psychology cell provides a safe space to listen, advise, help, guide and follow-up with UM6P community. It also offers socio-medical support and Individual monitoring of special cases. The Mental Health counseling team consists of a psychologist and a psychiatric nurse.
They perform psychological assessments for students and employees’ mental health issues. Moreover, they implemented preventive actions for better support and follow-ups.
They will be providing safe speech groups starting from the next academic year 2020/2021 and they will be also leading mental health awareness campaigns and conferences.
4. Food safety service consists of an industrial food safety Engineer and a Nurse, the service provides:
• Monitoring of the effective implementation of good hygiene practices in restaurants in every site of the University (storage, temperature chain, cleaning and disinfection, personal hygiene, etc.)
• Training restaurants staff;
• Follow-up files for Food and cleaning products suppliers and pest control companies;
• Suppliers audits;
• Monitoring of all accommodation’s hygiene and public places;
• Monthly sampling of food, surfaces and water for the Pasteur Laboratory’s inspection,
• Interpretation of laboratory samples results and implementation of action plans;
• Groundwork for the International Standard ISO 22000 - 2018 certification of UM6P Food court, cafeteria and food trucks.
5. Health monitoring of events service guarantees the unfolding of events in optimal conditions by ensuring the health and food safety of the workers, via the permanent presence of a nurse, an equipped ambulance and food safety service.
6. Well-being also involves the regular exercise and sports activities which are strongly encouraged on campus. UM6P offers its students and employees a wide range of physical and sports activities in good sports facilities, both indoors and outdoors that include - 2 turf mini football pitches - 4 sports courts (tennis, basketball, handball volleyball) - A 25-meter semi-Olympic swimming pool - Fitness room - A weight room - A dance hall - A combat gym (https://www.um6p.ma/en/about/campus-life)
Does the institution prohibit smoking within all occupied buildings owned or leased by the institution?:
Does the institution restrict outdoor smoking?:
Does the institution prohibit smoking and tobacco use across the entire campus?:
A copy of the institution's smoke-free policy:
The institution’s smoke-free policy:
Website URL where information about the institution’s wellness programs is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.