|Submission Date||Feb. 13, 2013|
OP-9: Integrated Pest Management
The size of the campus grounds :
The size of campus grounds that are maintained in accordance with a four-tiered IPM plan :
A brief description of the IPM plan(s) :
Marquette’s pest management contractor’s Integrated Pest Management plan is as follows:
1) Action Thresholds
Action thresholds are set at 0 on campus, although the control strategy may be mechanical, cultural, sanitation, exclusion, chemical, or a combination of one or more.
2) Monitor and Identify Pests
Monitoring devices are places out strategically throughout campus to help us determine:
• What pests we are dealing with
• How many
• Life stages
• Rodent control devices are placed on the interior and exterior.
• Chemical applications are applied to cockroaches in potential harborage sites.
• Detailed reports are left with the main contact to address any sanitation or structural deficiencies that may contribute to a pest infestation.
When all of the above steps are adhered to, the end result would be to manage any pest infestations.
These guidelines are practiced throughout all buildings on campus.
The website URL where information about the IPM plan(s) is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.