|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Oct. 30, 2014|
AC-9: Academic Research
|9.29 / 12.00||
Head of Sustainability
Office of Sustainability
Number of the institution’s faculty and/or staff engaged in sustainability research:
Total number of the institution’s faculty and/or staff engaged in research:
Number of academic departments (or the equivalent) that include at least one faculty or staff member that conducts sustainability research:
The total number of academic departments (or the equivalent) that conduct research:
A copy of the sustainability research inventory that includes the names and department affiliations of faculty and staff engaged in sustainability research:
Names and department affiliations of faculty and staff engaged in sustainability research:
See attached spreadsheet.
A brief description of the methodology the institution followed to complete the research inventory:
With the support of the administration, deans, and departmental chairs, a registration of sustainability research projects was developed using an online form which requested general information from faculty about any research that would meet criteria (see below).
Sustainability Research - Criteria:
· Focuses on one or more of the three dimensions of sustainability (social, ecological and economic systems)
· Seeks to contribute to the preservation, restoration and/or the enhancement of social well-being, environmental quality (natural or built) and/or economic equity
· Environmental quality: built and natural air and water quality, soil and land biodiversity, climate, ecosystems, energy, and waste.
· Social well-being: peace, wealth distribution and accessibility, social services, population levels, community, happiness, health, democracy, inter-generational equality and justice.
· Economic equity: poverty, environmental economics, fair trade and ethical purchasing, employment, sharing models, responsible investments and business practices.
A brief description of notable accomplishments during the previous three years by faculty and/or staff engaged in sustainability research:
The website URL where information about sustainability research is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to email@example.com.