|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Oct. 18, 2012|
Louisiana State University
PAE-21: Sustainability in Continuing Education
|7.00 / 7.00||
Manager, Campus Sustainability
LSU Facility Services
Does the institution offer continuing education courses that are focused on or related to sustainability?:
Number of sustainability continuing education courses offered :
Total number of continuing education courses offered:
Does the institution have a sustainability-related certificate program through its continuing education or extension department?:
A brief description of the certificate program:
Certificate in Sustainability Management
This online certificate program is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn the concepts and practices associated with sustainability that are critical in today’s business environment. In its broadest definition, sustainability is the use of ecosystems and their resources in a manner that satisfies current needs without compromising the needs or options for future generations. A sustainable business is one that generates profits for its owners, protects the environment, and improves the lives of the people with whom it interacts. This five-part program also looks at how focusing on sustainable management can help a company achieve long-run profitability and success.
This Certificate is ideally suited for adult professionals in a broad range of fields and industries, including education, government, manufacturing, healthcare, nonprofit, energy, operations and corporate management.
The Certificate integrates interactive exercises, case studies, video commentary and assessments to create a valuable and compelling learning experience and covers the following topics:
- The reasons why sustainability and corporate responsibilities have moved to the forefront.
- The connection between the environment and sustainability.
- The business case for an organization to embrace sustainable management.
- The role government regulation plays in sustainability efforts.
- Critiques and criticisms of corporate sustainability.
- How sustainable management principles can be applied to the workplace.
- How the Triple Bottom Line (TBL) concept and its three pillars of “People, Planet, and Profits” can be employed by organizations.
- Recognizing and implementing best practices for measuring sustainable management.
1. An Overview of Sustainable Management
2. Corporate Social Responsibility
3. Triple Bottom Line Accounting
4. Measuring Sustainable Management Performance
5. Sustainable Management: Leadership Ethics
Year the certificate program was created:
The website URL where information about sustainability in continuing education courses is available :
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.