|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Jan. 31, 2014|
Jefferson Community and Technical College
OP-T2-6: Guidelines for Franchisees
|0.25 / 0.25||
Manager of Business Operations
Has the institution adopted sustainability policies or guidelines for food service franchisees operating on campus?:
A brief description of the guidelines for franchisees:
Jefferson would like to accomplish several goals with respect to its food service program. This is an opportunity for the college to enter into a partnership with an operator who is committed to helping meet those goals. The goals are to include the following:
• Ensure food and beverages purchases are locally produced (within 250 miles of the institution), Kentucky Proud, or similar third-party certified when available (USDA Certified Organic, Marine Stewardship Council Blue Ecolabel, Food Alliance, Fair Trade, Certified Humane Raised and Handled)
• Offer diverse, complete-protein vegan and vegetarian dining options daily
• Ensure fry oil used will not include trans-fats and avoids foods that include trans-fats.
• Avoid and eliminate the use of Styrofoam for any use on campus, and when appropriate, consider paying a premium for alternatives.
• Participate in Jefferson’s a pre-consumer and/or post-consumer food waste program.
• Use recycled content napkins in dining services operations.
• Offer discounts for those who use reusable mugs instead of disposable cups.
• Offer reusable mugs, offering a discount to encourage the use of disposable cups.
• Offer reusable containers for to-go food that area returned for cleaning and reuse.
• Offer trayless dining.
The website URL where information about the guidelines is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.