Overall Rating Gold
Overall Score 67.16
Liaison Scott Doyle
Submission Date Oct. 25, 2022

STARS v2.2

Ithaca College
PRE-3: Institutional Boundary

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete N/A Scott Doyle
Energy Management and Sustainability
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Institution type:

Institutional control:
Private non-profit

A brief description of the institution’s main campus and other aspects of the institutional boundary used to complete this report:
Ithaca College (IC) is a mid-sized private college in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. IC is a liberal arts college, offering over 100 degree programs, as well as pre-professional and some graduate programs. The college is widely recognized for its exceptional communications, music, and theater programs. Ithaca owns 670 acres of land, 65% of which is undeveloped protected natural areas. The remaining 35% comprises Ithaca's main campus, which includes approximately 2.67 million gross square feet of building space. This report covers the areas of IC's main campus for which it retains operational control, including all academic buildings (housing IC's operational departments and five schools), Athletics facilities, and Student Housing.

Which of the following features are present on campus and which are included within the institutional boundary?:
Present? Included?
Agricultural school No No
Medical school No No
Other professional school with labs or clinics (e.g. dental, nursing, pharmacy, public health, veterinary) Yes Yes
Museum No No
Satellite campus Yes No
Farm larger than 2 hectares or 5 acres No No
Agricultural experiment station larger than 2 hectares or 5 acres No No
Hospital No No

The rationale for excluding any features that are present from the institutional boundary:
Professional programs include IC's Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistance programs. Ithaca College maintains satellite campuses in both Los Angeles and London. Additionally, in 2021, IC created a Physician Assistant program which is largely based in downtown Ithaca.

Additional documentation to support the submission :

Data source(s) and notes about the submission:

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to stars@aashe.org.