|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Aug. 22, 2017|
Florida International University
OP-17: Employee Commute Modal Split
|0.88 / 2.00||
Office of University Sustainability
Total percentage of the institution’s employees that use more sustainable commuting options as their primary method of transportation:
A brief description of the method(s) used to gather data about employee commuting, including the timeframe for when the analysis was conducted and how a representative sample was reached, if applicable:
56% of the employee population purchased a campus parking permit. It is assumed that the remaining 44% of employees commute to campus through various other means; carpooling, transit, biking, walking.
The percentage of the institution's employees that use each of the following modes as their primary means of transportation to and from campus::
|Commute with only the driver in the vehicle (excluding motorcycles and scooters)||56|
|Walk, bicycle, or use other non-motorized means||0|
|Vanpool or carpool||0|
|Take a campus shuttle or public transportation||0|
|Use a motorcycle, scooter or moped||0|
|Telecommute for 50 percent or more of their regular work hours||0|
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The exact percentages for categories other than 'commute with only the driver in the vehicle' are unknown or estimates.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.