Overall Rating Silver - expired
Overall Score 60.68
Liaison Scott Morgan
Submission Date July 25, 2011
Executive Letter Download

STARS v1.0

Evergreen State College, The
ER-7: Sustainability-Related Courses

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete 10.00 / 10.00 Scott Morgan
Director of Sustainability
President's Office
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

The number of sustainability-related courses offered :
65

The total number of courses offered :
175

Number of years covered by the data:
One

A list of sustainability-related courses offered:
---

The website URL where the sustainability course inventory that includes a list of sustainability-related courses is posted:
A copy of the sustainability course inventory:
---

The data provided was sourced directly from the End of Program Review 2009-2010: Sustainability in Programs report published by Evergreens Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. The data was collected through an annual survey distributed to all faculty teaching in the undergraduate program at the end of each academic year. The 2009-2010 survey data do not include data for summer courses or courses offered in graduate programs, many of which also focus on sustainability. Of the 175 undergraduate programs offered in 2009-2010, 132 participated in the annual survey review, with 130 complete responses. The report allows faculty to rate the extent to which their programs focused on sustainability, choosing from: Extensively, Moderately, or A Little. 24.6% of the 130 programs included were reported as focusing Moderately on sustainability; 25.4% were reported as focusing A Little on sustainability. A total of 50% of courses included in the survey data were in this way reported as being sustainability-related and have been included in this credit. The number of courses relating to sustainability in the undergraduate programs exceeds that required by AASHE to earn the sustainability education credits, therefore the graduate and summer programs have not been included in order to utilize the End of Program Review 2009-2010 report as the major reference source for this credit.

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to stars@aashe.org.