Overall Rating Expired
Overall Score Expired
Liaison Sarah Wald
Submission Date Nov. 16, 2011
Executive Letter Download

STARS v1.1

Drew University
OP-23: Stormwater Management

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete Expired James Hall
Director of Planning, Design and Construction
Facilities
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Does the institution have a policy, plan, and/or strategies to reduce stormwater runoff from new development projects? :
Yes

Does the institution have a policy, plan, and/or strategies to reduce stormwater runoff from ongoing campus operations? :
Yes

A brief description of the institution's stormwater management initiatives:

A Stormwater Management Facilities Maintenance Manual has been prepared to reduce stormwater runoff.


The website URL where information about the institution's stormwater management initiatives, plan or policy is available:
---

Does the institution have a living or vegetated roof?:
No

A brief description of the institution's living or vegetated roof:
---

Does the institution have porous paving?:
Yes

A brief description of the institution's porous paving:

Porous pavement is located behind Welch-Holloway in the courtyard area, which was created in 2010 renovations. Gravel under the stone filters stormwater runoff.


Does the institution have retention ponds?:
No

A brief description of the institution's retention ponds:

Drew University has several historic retention ponds located in the Arboretum and near a few dorms which collect rainwater and runoff.


Does the institution have stone swales?:
No

A brief description of the institution's stone swales:
---

Does the institution have vegetated swales?:
No

A brief description of the institution's vegetated swales:

Drew University has many fern plots, which act to collect rainwater along the multitude of crisscrossing paths on campus.


Does the institution employ any other technologies or strategies for stormwater management?:
Yes

A brief description of other technologies or strategies for stormwater management employed:

Drew has several dry wells (at Hall of Sciences, BC, Seminary, McLendon, etc) to improve recharge to the aquifer and plans to put them into any new construction or major renovations. 20% of Drew's campus is built (the remaining 80% is pervious surface) and Drew does not plan to increase this number at this time.


The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.