|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Aug. 12, 2011|
PAE-12: Employee Satisfaction Evaluation
|2.00 / 2.00||
Executive Director of Sustainability
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution evaluate employee satisfaction in a way that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s methodology for evaluating employee satisfaction:
Methodology for evaluating employee satisfaction
1. bi-annual basis (survey every 2 years)
2. faculty version and staff version
3. most done online but also paper copies. Survey adminstered though Corporate Research Associates (CRA) which is a third party organization.
The overall research objective of this study is to measure employee job satisfaction to cover key aspects of an individual’s employment and organizational commitment. The related research objectives of this study include:
• To provide Dalhousie University (Dalhousie) with metrics that measure key employee issues related to the achievement of strategic goals;
• To provide Dalhousie decision-makers with actionable data regarding the effectiveness of respective policies, processes, and programs; and
• To provide managers with feedback on key people issues within their teams so that can take action.
All employees are given the option to complete the self administered survey manually (pen and paper) or electronically (online).
The year the employee satisfaction evaluation was last administered:
The website URL where information about the institution’s employee satisfaction evaluation process is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.