|Submission Date||Aug. 12, 2011|
PAE-1: Sustainability Coordination
Executive Director of Sustainability
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution have a sustainability committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee or a brief description of the committee's purview and activities :
President’s Advisory Council on Sustainability:
The President’s Advisory Council on Sustainability (ACS) provides a forum for students, faculty, administration, and community members to provide advice on campus sustainability programs and policies.
We focus on institutionalizing change through university operations, curriculum, and culture. Drawing on the passion, experience and expertise of all members of the campus community for input and guidance, SustainDal aims to establish social capital and coordinate efforts within its non-hierarchical framework towards the common objective of reducing the environmental footprint of Dalhousie University.
However, sustainability will only be achieved through long-term vision and cooperation. Then it will only reach its full potential through inclusion, unity and a wider understanding of responsibility and interdependence.
Also a student run group:
Dalhousie's SustainDal is a student-run group that works with faculty, staff, administration and the community to make our campus more sustainable by moving towards economically beneficial, socially just, and environmentally sound practices. SustainDal is a Sustainable Campuses Coalition Partner of the Sierra Youth Coalition.
Members of the committee, including affiliations:
1. Graham Carey, Student Representative, email@example.com
2. Megan Carroll, Students Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Jason Pooley, Students Representative, email@example.com
4. Mark Johnston, Student Sustainability Office Liaison, DSU, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Mark Coffin, Vice-President of Education, DSU, Mark.Coffin@Dal.Ca
6. Dr. Grant Wanzel, Dean of the Faculty of Architecture and Planning, email@example.com
7. Dr. David Precious, Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry, D.S.Precious@Dal.Ca 8. Dr. Marian Binkley, Dean of the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Dr. Keith Taylor, Dean of the Faculty of Science, email@example.com
10. Dr. David Wheeler, Dean of the Faculty of Management, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Dr. Deborah Buszard, Acting Director Environmental Programs, email@example.com
12. Dr. Judith Guernsey, Interim Head, Community Health and Epidemiology and Director, Atlantic
Rural Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Professor Steven Mannell, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, email@example.com
14. Jeff Lamb, Assistant Vice-President of Facilities Management, firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Facilities Management Director, TBA
16. William Louch, Director of Environmental Health and Safety, email@example.com
17. Ian Nason, Assistant Vice-President of Financial Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Heather Sutherland, Executive Director of Student and Community Services,
19. James Sullivan, Dalhousie University Community Committee member, email@example.com
20. Rochelle Owen, Director of Sustainability, firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Members at Large (up to a maximum of three including one Alumni)
The website URL where information about the sustainability committee is available:
Does the institution have a sustainability office?:
A brief description of the sustainability office:
The Office of Sustainability focuses on supporting solutions that create positive social, ecological and economic change in university operations.
The Office works to incorporate sustainability concepts and criteria into all major planning, assessment, policy, reporting and communications products and procedures, as well as to engage and enhance student, staff, and faculty in sustainable living and operation. The Office recognizes the value of campus involvement and is pleased to offer hands on programs such as ReThink! Sustainability on Campus and promote student led events such as Green Week and the annual Dump and Run. The Office works with many campus and community partners to achieve its objectives. By ourselves we are one, together we are a community!
The number of people employed in the sustainability office:
The website URL where information about the sustainability office is available:
Does the institution have a sustainability coordinator?:
Sustainability coordinator's name:
Sustainability coordinator's position title:
A brief description of the sustainability coordinator’s position:
To develop a strategic plan for the office, help draft a university-wide policy and framework for sustainability efforts, and cultivate a culture of sustainability at Dalhousie.
The website URL where information about the sustainability coordinator is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.