|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||July 27, 2016|
Central New Mexico Community College
PA-1: Sustainability Coordination
|1.00 / 1.00||
Campus as a Living Lab and Sustainability Project Manager
Does the institution have at least one sustainability committee, office, and/or officer that focuses on sustainability broadly and covers the entire institution?:
A brief description of the activities and substantive accomplishments of the committee(s), office(s), and/or officer(s) during the previous three years:
Campus as a Living Lab and Sustainability Project Manager was hired in Facilities in May 2016.
The Sustainability Curriculum committee has created a plan to look at nine areas of sustainabilty and took steps to begin addressing the low hanging fruit. Projects included, hydration stations, native plantings, low flow fixtures. In 2013 arevamped committee was created specifically looking at academics and the work that is being done in that area.
Does the institution have at least one sustainability committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee(s) or a brief description of each committee's purview and activities:
The team is charged with developing a comprehensive implementation plan for climate control and sustainability at CNM
Members of each committee, including affiliations and role (e.g. staff, student, or faculty):
The website URL where information about the sustainability committee(s) is available:
Does the institution have at least one sustainability office that includes more than 1 full-time equivalent (FTE) employee?:
A brief description of each sustainability office:
Full-time equivalent (FTE) of people employed in the sustainability office(s):
The website URL where information about the sustainability office(s) is available:
Does the institution have at least one sustainability officer?:
Name and title of each sustainability officer:
A brief description of each sustainability officer position:
CLL and SUSTAINABILIY Project Manager Job Description
Under the general guidance of the Director of Facilities. In order to develop, standardize, facilitate, and document Campus as a Living Lab initiatives at CNM and guide the college toward fulfilling its academic obligations to the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (ACUPCC), the Campus as a Living Lab and Sustainability Project Manager is responsible for facilitating interaction and collaboration regarding Campus as a Living Lab and Sustainability initiatives between and among students, faculty, staff, and community businesses and nonprofit organizations.
The Campus as a Living Lab and Sustainability Project Manager will collaborate with and support faculty in integrating "Campus as a Living Lab" and sustainability concepts into curriculum, report PPD information related to sustainability efforts to the college, research and pursue opportunities that will enable CNM to further its sustainability goals as outlined in the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Neutrality Plan, and inform the local community about CNM's Campus as a Living Lab and sustainability initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Continue to develop comprehensive case studies which document all facets of CNM's Campus as a Living Lab projects, from conception to classroom assignments
• Work closely with Facilities staff to identify existing and upcoming "Campus as a Living Lab" projects, events, and renovations, and promote those resources to faculty as opportunities for curricular integration
• Work closely with faculty across all academic departments to integrate sustainability concepts and current "Campus as a Living Lab" opportunities into the curricula, and to incentivize such opportunities
• Serve as a liaison between faculty and facilities, making communications about Campus as a Living Lab initiatives effective and efficient, and reducing the time needed by the Executive Director of the Physical Plant and Facilities Project Managers to communicate directly with all interested faculty parties
• Manage revisions of the CNM STARS report based on developments in Sustainability learning outcomes
• Promote a broader awareness of CNM's sustainability-related accomplishments to local, regional, and national audiences by presenting at relevant conferences and attending relevant events as a CNM Campus as a Living Lab representative
• Oversee the USGBC Student Chapter organization at CNM.
• Document and assist the department in developing LEED criteria for new and renovated construction projects.
• Represent the Executive Director of the Facilities Plant on boards and committees relevant to sustainability and Campus as a Living Lab initiative
• Ensures compliance with federal and college requirements
The website URL where information about the sustainability officer(s) is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.