|Submission Date||March 6, 2020|
California State University, Stanislaus
AC-1: Academic Courses
Capital Planning & Facilities Management
Figures required to calculate the percentage of courses offered by the institution that are sustainability course offerings:
|Total number of courses offered by the institution||1,091||278|
|Number of sustainability-focused courses offered||49||18|
|Number of sustainability-inclusive courses offered||77||8|
Percentage of courses that are sustainability course offerings:
Total number of academic departments that offer courses:
Number of academic departments with sustainability course offerings:
Percentage of academic departments with sustainability course offerings:
A copy of the institution’s inventory of its sustainability course offerings and descriptions:
Do the figures reported above cover one, two, or three academic years?:
A brief description of the methodology used to complete the course inventory :
A keyword search for "sustainability" was conducted in the course proposal database by Faculty Affairs, and a faculty survey was conducted with the following questions and definitions:
1. Sustainability-focused courses include:
- Foundational courses with a primary and explicit focus on sustainability (e.g., Introduction to Sustainability).
- Courses with a primary and explicit focus on the application of sustainability within a field (e.g., Sustainable Agriculture).
- Courses with a primary and explicit focus on understanding or solving a major sustainability challenge (e.g., Climate Change Science).
Do any of the courses that you teach have a primary and explicit focus on sustainability?
2. Sustainability-related courses are primarily focused on topics other than sustainability, but:
- Incorporate a unit or module on sustainability or a sustainability challenge,
- Include one or more sustainability-focused activities, or
- Integrate sustainability issues and concepts throughout the course.
Do any of the courses you teach (that are not sustainability-focused) include or address sustainability in a prominent way?
Course descriptions identified by the keyword search and faculty survey were reviewed by Sustainability staff for compliance with the definitions.
How were courses with multiple offerings or sections counted for the figures reported above?:
A brief description of how courses with multiple offerings or sections were counted:
Website URL where information about the sustainability course offerings is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: