|Submission Date||Feb. 21, 2021|
California State University, Monterey Bay
AC-2: Learning Outcomes
|3.04 / 8.00||
Campus Planning and Development
Has the institution adopted one or more sustainability learning outcomes that apply to the entire student body or, at minimum, to the institution's predominant student body?:
Which of the following best describes the sustainability learning outcomes?:
A list of the institution level sustainability learning outcomes:
ILO 2 ~ Personal, Professional, and Social Responsibility
CSUMB graduates engage in ethical reasoning and public action that is informed by historical, multicultural, global, ecological, and equity-oriented perspectives.
Total number of graduates from degree programs:
Number of graduates from degree programs that require an understanding of the concept of sustainability:
A brief description of how the figure above was determined:
Each department chair for the following majors (Environmental Studies, B.A., Marine Science, B.S. & M.S, Sustainable Hospitality Management, B.S., Environmental Science, Technology, and Policy, B.S. & M.S.) were contacted in order to receive the number of graduates from their corresponding degree program in the academic year 2019-2020.
Breakdown of graduates:
1. Environmental Studies (ENSTU) Undergrad program for the academic year 2019-2020: 16 graduated in Fall 2019, 25 students graduated Spring 2020
2. Environmental Science (ENVS) Undergrad program for the academic year 2019-2020. 13 students graduated Fall 2019, 14 students graduated Spring 2020
3. Graduate Environmental Science Program for the academic year 2019-2020.
4 students graduated Spring 2020
4. Marine Science Undergrad program for the academic year 2019-2020 -- 55 students
5. Marine Science Graduate program for the academic year 2019-2020 -- 10 students
6. Sustainable Hospitality Management Undergrad program for the academic year 2019-2020--19 students
Total: 156 graduates
A list of degree programs that require an understanding of the concept of sustainability:
The following program have program level learning that incorporates sustainability - these represent about 13% of graduates.
1. Environmental Studies, B.A.
2. Marine Science, B.S. & M.S
3. Sustainable Hospitality Management, B.S.
4. Environmental Science, Technology, and Policy, B.S. & M.S.
Documentation supporting the figure reported above (upload):
Do the figures reported above cover one, two, or three academic years?:
Percentage of students who graduate from programs that require an understanding of the concept of sustainability:
Website URL where information about the sustainability learning outcomes is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.