Overall Rating Silver
Overall Score 53.82
Liaison Holli Fajack
Submission Date Jan. 29, 2021

STARS v2.2

California State University, Long Beach
OP-6: Clean and Renewable Energy

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete 0.33 / 4.00 Shawn Cun
Energy & Utilities Manager
Beach Building Services (BBS)
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Total energy consumption, performance year:
300,806.62 MMBtu

Clean and renewable electricity (report kilowatt-hours):
kWh MMBtu
Imported electricity from certified/verified clean and renewable sources (i.e., bundled green power purchases) 0 Kilowatt-hours 0 MMBtu
Electricity from on-site, clean and renewable sources (rights retained/retired) 7,288,910 Kilowatt-hours 24,869.76 MMBtu

A brief description of the certified/verified sources of clean and renewable electricity:

N/A


A brief description of the on-site renewable electricity generating facilities/devices:

The campus has four solar energy systems installed on campus. The largest is the 4.75-megawatt system installed on carport canopies across several campus parking lots. This system generates 96% of the solar energy created and consumed on campus. Three smaller systems installed on the roofs of two campus buildings and a carport in our facilities management yard make up the remaining 4% of the campus' solar energy generating capacity.


Clean and renewable thermal energy (report MMBtu):
MMBtu
Clean and renewable stationary fuels used on-site to generate thermal energy 0 MMBtu
Imported steam, hot water, and/or chilled water from certified/verified clean and renewable sources 0 MMBtu

A brief description of the clean and renewable stationary fuels:

N/A


A brief description of the certified/verified sources of clean and renewable thermal energy:

N/A


Unbundled renewable energy products (report kWh):
kWh MMBtu
Purchased RECs, GOs, I-RECs or equivalent unbundled renewable energy products certified by a third party 0 Kilowatt-hours 0 MMBtu

A brief description of the unbundled renewable energy products:

N/A


Total clean and renewable energy generated or purchased:
24,869.76 MMBtu

Percentage of total energy consumption from clean and renewable sources:
8.27

Website URL where information about the institution’s support for clean and renewable energy is available:
Electricity use, by source (percentage of total, 0-100):
Percentage of total electricity use (0-100)
Biomass 2
Coal 3
Geothermal 5
Hydro 13
Natural gas 35
Nuclear 9
Solar photovoltaic 11
Wind 11
Other (please specify and explain below) 11

A brief description of other sources of electricity not specified above:

According to Southern California Edison(SCE) Power Content Label, other sources of electricity are defined as electricity not traceable to specific generation sources.


Energy used for heating buildings, by source::
Percentage of total energy used to heat buildings (0-100)
Biomass 0.24
Coal 0.36
Electricity 4.20
Fuel oil 0
Geothermal 0.60
Natural gas 88
Other (please specify and explain below) 6.60

A brief description of other sources of building heating not specified above:
---

Additional documentation to support the submission:

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.