|Submission Date||March 2, 2018|
California College of the Arts
EN-2: Student Orientation
Director of Institutional Research
Office of Institutional Planning
Are the following students provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability? :
|Yes or No|
|Entering graduate students||Yes|
Percentage of all entering (i.e. new) students (including transfers and graduate students) that are provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability (0-100):
A brief description of how sustainability is included prominently in new student orientation (including how multiple dimensions of sustainability are addressed):
- Use of Sustainable Transportation: Students are provided with information about Clipper cards and use of public transportation/transportation resources (including biking).
- Campus tours: Students are shown the materials reuse space so they know how to upcycle materials for projects.
- Site visits with organizations: Students go on site visits of creative materials reuse organizations. http://www.scrap-sf.org/ and http://creativereuse.org/
- Welcome addresses cover CCA's values which include sustainability.
- Student wellness and counseling resources are described.
- Student safety on campus is covered.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.