|Overall Rating||Bronze - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 17, 2012|
Brunswick Community College
PAE-1: Sustainability Coordination
|3.00 / 3.00||
Innovation, Sustianaiblity, & Multicultural Programs
Does the institution have a sustainability committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee or a brief description of the committee's purview and activities :
Become a leader in sustainability studies, guide, inform and enrich the community on sustainable practices for today and future generations.
To model, disseminate and celebrate the social, economic and environmental components of sustainability at the college and the larger community.
The Sustainability Committee will:
*Encourage the components of sustainability
*Enhance sustainable entrepreneurial opportunities
*Assist to instill a culture of sustainable long range planning
*Emphasize multicultural experiences and social corporate responsibility
*Emphasize positive learning environments for sustainability
*Foster an awareness of the global, economic and cultural sustainability trends
*To unite the communication of all sustainable initiatives at the college
*Identify sustainability opportunities which are replicable, nationally-aligned and achievable
Members of the committee, including affiliations:
1) Claire McLaughlin - Brunswick County Early College High School Science Teacher
2) Michelle Sabaoun - Lead Instructor for Biotechnology at Brunswick Community College
3) Dr. Burt Browning - Lead Instructor for Computer Information Technology/Computer Programming at Brunswick Community College
4) Mike Milliken - Professional Energy Maintenance Supervisor at Brunswick Community College
5) Fernando Trulin - Director of Brunswick Educational Transistion Center at Brunswick Community College
6) Jerry Thrift - VP of Operations at Brunswick Community College
7) Velva Jenkins - Assistant VP of Economic and Workforce Development and Continuing Education at Brunswick Community College
8) Marilyn Graham - Coordinator, Green Information and Training Center at Brunswick Community College
9) George Yu - Customized Training at Brunswick Community College
The website URL where information about the sustainability committee is available:
Does the institution have a sustainability office?:
A brief description of the sustainability office:
The Green Information and Training Center is located in the Brunswick Education Transition Center at 104 Ocean Highway East, Supply, NC 28462.
The number of people employed in the sustainability office:
The website URL where information about the sustainability office is available:
Does the institution have a sustainability coordinator?:
Sustainability coordinator's name:
Sustainability coordinator's position title:
A brief description of the sustainability coordinator’s position:
Lead Sustainability committee.
Identify training programs and qualified instructors in sustainability, coordinate Sustainability Symposium & Expo and other events, build relationships, create partnerships, promote programs, and inform and educate on sustainability.
The website URL where information about the sustainability coordinator is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.