|Submission Date||Jan. 11, 2016|
EN-10: Inter-Campus Collaboration
Administrator: Outreach and Communications
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution collaborate with other colleges and universities to support and help build the campus sustainability community?:
A brief summary of papers, guides, presentations, and other resources the institution has developed to share their sustainability experience with other institutions:
Sustainability Story 2014- The office created a Prezi to share Auburn University's sustainability experience with other institutions. The presentation is framed in STARS and covers academics, engagement, and planning and administration.: http://wp.auburn.edu/sustainability/2014story/
- "If You Build it Right, They Will Come: Creating an Academic Program for Sustainability" (Advanced Track session)
- "Climate Neutrality & Land Grant Universities: Resources, Challenges, and Cooperative Solutions" (workshop)
- "Principles and Practices for Effective Leadership & Engagement" (presentation)
- "Leave-No-Trace Principles as Applied to Sustainability" (poster)
Greening of the Campus 2009:
- "Evolution and Climate Change: Learning From One Failing of Science Education to Remedy Another" (presentation)
- "Flying Under the Radar: Quietly Transforming a Conservative Campus" (presentation)
- "Recycling Guerilla to Recycling Coordinator in a Red State: A Student's Approach to Establishing a Recycling Program in the South" (presentation)
- "Framing Sustainability Using a Range of 'Traditionally Conservative' Approaches" (presentation)
- "Sustainability in the Curriculum: A Case Study in Art" (presentation)
- "Auburn Sustainability Action Program (ASAP): interdisciplinary cooperation with quick visible results." (poster)
The names of local, state/provincial, regional, national, or international campus sustainability organizations or consortia in which the institution participates and/or is a member:
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
- US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- College and University Recycling Council (CURC)
- SouthEastern Sustainability Network (SESustN)
A brief summary of additional ways the institution collaborates with other campuses to advance sustainability :
Auburn Outdoors is a member of NRSA and AORE where they have presented, attended, served on committees, and worked with other institutions. Auburn Outdoors participates in the Alabama Meet-Up once a semester. This is a group made up of 5-6 institutions with higher education professionals in the outdoor industry.
Auburn University collaborated with Portland State University in the Urban Sustainability Accelerator. This is also a program that collaborates with the community and is detailed under EN9- Community Partnerships.
Office of Sustainability Outreach Administrator met with a representative from the University of Alabama to get ideas for ways to advance sustainability at their institution.
As a member of the South East Sustainability Network the Office of Sustainability collaborates with colleagues at more than twenty South East institutions on a wide variety of campus sustainability issues and initiatives.
The website URL where information about cross-campus collaboration is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.